You can buy and download the latest copy of redFORM from the redFORM product page section of the redCOMPONENT site.
If you are a 12 month PRO subscriber you can also get the latest version of redFORM directly in the downloads area of your account.
Once you have the appropriate version, install the component as you would any other Joomla! extension; visit the Extension Manager, select the package using the "Browse" button, and click on 'Upload & Install'.
A notification will appear to indicate that redFORM and the redFORM content plugin have been installed successfully.
Open up redFORM by clicking on Components -> redFORM. You will be directed to the "Forms" listing page, one of the main areas where most administrators will visit.
It is recommended before proceeding that you first visit the "Options" page, which stores redFORM's global configuration settings.
As of the latest release, redFORM has seven general settings:
- Show integration - display the integration column in the "Submitters" listing screen. Will also allow for the deletion of specific rows, even if integration is detected (can repair some incoherences).
- Allow email aliasing - in some cases (such as notifications), redFORM uses another address than the site's email address for the "From" and "Reply-to" fields of emails sent. Some SMTP servers will block this kind of email, which should show up as errors / warnings. If this happens, select "no" here to always use the default address in those fields.
- File upload path - specifies the folder where frontend submitted files should be stored (relative to the root of the website)
- Allow negative total - depending on your form field prices, you can end up with a negative total; select "no" if you want the negative total to equal zero.
- Form layout - This allow you to select the frontend form layout.
- Enable Google analytics - This enables redFORM specific tracking. The UA must already be in your template for this feature to Work
- Analytics mode - You can select your analytics type whether it is universal or Classic.