Download the latest copy of redPRODUCTFINDER from the Downloads section of the redCOMPONENT site.
Once you have the appropriate version, install the component as you would any other Joomla! extension; visit the Install/Uninstall page in 1.5 or the Extension Manager in 2.5, select the package using the "Browse" button, and click on Upload. A notification will appear to indicate that redPRODUCTFINDER has been installed successfully.
Open up redPRODUCTFINDER by clicking on Components -> redPRODUCTFINDER. You will be directed to the "Summary" page, where a quick overview of the total number of types, tags and associations made so far is displayed. There is also the "Parameters" button in the top right-hand corner which will open up redPRODUCTFINDER's global configuration settings in a lightbox.
The settings available can be broken down into two categories: functional and presentational.
- FORM - sets the default form that will be loaded up when landing on the redPRODUCTFINDER search form screen
- Search relation - sets whether redPRODUCTFINDER should bring up results matching one or more tags (OR) or only those matching all the tags (AND)
- Consider All Selected Tags - only active when Dependency mode is on, this sets whether all the "dependency" tags for the product must be selected for it to appear in the search results, or if only the last tag should be required. (Note: this option does not work for Checkboxes)
- redSHOP Filter Option - sets the behavior of redPRODUCTFINDER filter module and whether to show only products that match the filters that have been sent or show all products with the matching results first.
- Search tag Display - sets whether the tags used to search for products are displayed in the search results
- Product description - sets whether products are listed in the search results with their long or short descriptions
- Show redSHOP Product Price - sets whether product prices will be displayed in the search results
- Show redSHOP Add to Cart button - sets whether the add-to-cart button will be displayed in the search results; the behavior of this button depends on the order/quotation settings in redSHOP
- redPRODUCTFINDER Result Template - selects the template that should be used to display search results; these templates are built and stored in redSHOP's Template Manager.
- Show Only Parent Products - sets whether redPRODUCTFINDER only displays main or parent products in the search results
- Search Only Child Product - sets whether redPRODUCTFINDER only displays variations or child products in the search results