redSHOP:Supported Languages and OpenTranslators
redSHOP interface is already translated into many languages. However if you are looking for creating a multilingual website with redSHOP please check this link redSHOP:JoomFish!_and_FaLang_Support.
The redCOMPONENT Team provide and maintain the source English en-GB and Danish da-DK languages.
Additional languages are provided by volunteer translators all having great insight in the use of redSHOP.
The following languages are currently included in redSHOP for joomla! 1.5:
- German (de-DE)
- French (fr-FR)
- Hindi (hi-IN)
- Norwegian (nb-NO)
- Polish (pl-PL)
- Romanian (ro-RO)
- Russian (ru-RU)
- Spanish (es-ES)
- Ukrainian (uk-UA)
For redSHOP for joomla! 2.5/1.7 the handling and maintaining of translations has taken a new route. Much focus is currently at improving quality of English source language and at same time we assigned our translations to be handled by the OpenTranslators Translation Teams, to ensure an easy entry and access for our volunteer translators.
Read more about translations, languages and in particular how you can help make redSHOP more international ready:
Similar to redSHOP for joomla 1.5, then redSHOP for joomla! 2.5/1.7 have its source English (en-GB) and Danish (da-DK) languages provided and maintained by the redCOMPONENT Team.
Additional translations are then provided by our highly active volunteer translators.
Currently these languages are in preparation, and more of them soon to be released as installable language packs:
- Portuguese (pt-PT) / Progress = 100%
- Norwegian (nb-NO) / Progress = 100%
- Dutch (nl-NL) / Progress = 099%
- Turkish (tr-TR) / Progress = 088%
- Hebrew (he-IL) / Progress = 085%
- Spanish (es-ES) / Progress = 068%
- Serbian (sr-RS) / Progress = 045%
- Greek (el-GR) / Progress = 040%
- Italian (it-IT) / Progress = 036%
- German (de-DE) / Progress = 035%
- Bulgarian (bg-BG) / Progress = 033%
- Hungarian (hu-HU) / Progress = 030%
- Russian (ru-RU) / Progress = 025%
- French (fr-FR) / Progress = 025%
- Spanish(Mexico) (mx-ES) / Prg = 011%
- Swedish (sv-SE) / Progress = 011%
redCOMPONENT extensions in your preferred language
Therefore we joined the community driven project OpenTranslators in order to strenghten our language support.
The OpenTranslators connection help us in providing easy access for our translators to help translate. Our translators can focus at what they do best - translate - without having to worry about technical matters.
Help translate into your language
To have support of as many world languages as possible - we need your help!
If you see that redSHOP or any other redCOMPONENT extensions does not support your language, and you have the skills and dedication to help translate, then please get in contact with us.
We are aware that the work load in translating our larger extensions, can be overwhelming for a single translator. For that reason we would like to assign 4 translators for each language, where possible. This will allow the translators to focus at specific extensions, and we would like 2 assigned for redSHOP and 2 assigned for the other redCOMPONENT extensions.
Your solid work will be rewarded
All our dedicated translators who translate and thereafter maintain the translation, will be rewarded with a Pro subscription with access to all our extensions. This translator Pro subscription has no time limit, as it will last as long as you actively maintain the translation you were assigned to handle.
- The subscription will start when the first full translation is delivered and approved by us.
This is how it works
To become a translator of a language not yet supported, or only partly supported, you will have to follow the steps described below:
1. Send an e-mail to our Translation Coordinator Ole Ottosen : firstname.lastname@example.org and inform which language you would like to maintain, and include your username from the redcomponent site.
2. Visit OpenTranslators.org and read the How to for translators: http://opentranslators.org/
3. Sign up at Transifex and request to join the Translation team for the language you will maintain: https://opentranslators.transifex.net/start/
4. When approved by the Translation Team you can instantly start translate the redCOMPONENT extensions. See the current list of extensions available at this link: https://www.transifex.net/projects/tag/redcomponent/
Currently active translators or formerly active
During the transition from a manual approach to now using a more standardized approach for handling translations, there has been some hiccup in the registrations of who is actually active and who has shown interest but never heard back.
To make sure no-one is left out in the cold so to speak, because of a misunderstanding, we invite all current translators and those who has interest in translating to send an e-mail to our Translation Coordinator Ole Ottosen email@example.com
List of redCOMPONENT extensions and the assigned translators
Below we will update a list of assigned translators/languages for 1. redSHOP and 2. redCOMPONENT (which is all except redSHOP). The list should help all to get an overview of which languages are already in progress, and secondly for new volunters to see if there could be vacant slots for their language, where the 2 * 2 translators is not yet filled in.